Head of Enterprise Sales and Partnerships
Our client, a tech startup in West LA, is growing and in need of a motivated and adaptable individual to head up their Sales team. They are an early-stage start-up working to level the playing field for small businesses and want someone who believes in their mission and is passionate about making it come to life.
The Head of Enterprise Sales & Partnerships will sell the client's platform directly to state & local governments and higher education establishments nationwide. You will facilitate all aspects of the sales process for nationwide accounts, from initial lead generation and opportunity qualification through product proposal and presentation to final contract negotiation, sales closure and transition to Implementation/Account Management team. They are looking for someone who is passionate about their mission and has a history of success in selling to these verticals. Previous experience in government and higher education sales is required.
In this position, you must draft reports, make presentations to potential customers, internal stakeholders, and other external partners. You must be able to tailor messages in relation to the audience at hand and to present even the most complex messages in clear, simple, digestible, and convincing terms. These skills must be excellent in both written and verbal form. You will also have a deep understanding of the business’s marketplace models as well as the opportunities and limitations that come along with it. You will be self-motivated, have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be adaptable to business growth fluctuations, work comfortably and effortlessly in group settings, be a persuasive and charismatic individual, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well under the pressure of stringent deadlines. You will also demonstrate a calm demeanor under stressful situations and in uncertainty, inspiring the same in your team.
- “Hunting" role that is focused on acquiring net new clients; Identifying and closing six and seven figure opportunities using a consultative selling approach throughout all phases of the sales process (e.g. identification, qualification, development, proposal, closing)
- Hiring and motivating the sales team to achieve a positive win ratio.
- Supporting RFP and proposal generation process
- Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team; Forecasting and managing sales pipeline for the organization; Responsible for monthly reporting on sales performance against forecast and variances.
- Develops and executes lead generation activities in conjunction with Marketing
- Drives opportunity qualification, leading strategic discussions with prospects to gain a deep understanding of key business strategies and how technology needs align with our product offerings
- Facilitates sales activities such as product proposals, product demonstrations and various business and technical discussions
- Facilitates contract negotiations, coordinating with leadership and legal team
- Continual training and development of all members of the sales department.
- Attends key meetings with members of the sales team and helping to close accounts.
- Working on account management plans with the sales account managers to ensure low churn among all clients.
- Developing strategic opportunity plans that define a differentiated solution and win strategy
- Completes Win/Loss analysis of all sales opportunities
- Report monthly to C-suite executives on sales forecasting.
- Attends industry events and conferences to generate new business leads acting as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the industry and competitors in order to act as a valuable resource to the organization
- Contribute positively to working environment
- Travel throughout the United States
- Minimum of 5 years of successful work experience in a sales position selling six and seven-figure contracts to either government agencies, education or healthcare companies within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment, preferably working in the position of a Senior Sales Manager.
- A track record of consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Proven and successful ability to lead a group of sales personnel towards growth in enhanced sales volumes and enhanced revenue generation while displaying exceptional leadership skills and confidence.
- Demonstrable experience evaluating product/market situations and analyzing raw data and information, transforming it into actionable sales strategies and approaches.
- Demonstrated collaboration with internal colleagues (marketing, product, ops, etc.) to support sales momentum
- Existing relationships with key procurement and executive decision makers at large local and state government agencies
- Knowledge of local and state government procurement
- Awesome Education opportunities paid for in an atmosphere of continuous learning
- Beautiful, fun, office environment in Playa Vista
- Spend your days with the best and brightest making a difference in the world
- Health & Dental insurance
- Liberal vacation policy
- Fun team outings and flexible Friday work from home policy