Our client, a tech startup in West LA, is growing and in need of a motivated and adaptable individual to join their tech team as a Technical Product Manager. They are an early-stage start-up working to level the playing field for small businesses and want someone who believes in their mission and is passionate about making it come to life.
The Technical Product Manager will assume the responsibilities of the day-to-day product initiatives and manage the execution of engineering and data science milestones to support the product roadmap. He/she must be highly detail-oriented and comfortable working directly with engineering teams. The product manager will lead feature development and prioritization and build new products from existing ideas all focused on creating a superior user experience for users – you are the creator. This role requires a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The role requires spending significant time in the field with clients and suppliers to understand their problems and find innovative solutions to those problems. It also requires being detail-oriented to an extreme degree.
You will report directly to the VP of Product/CTO. You will drive product design, conduct user experience surveys, manage a cross-functional team of engineers and UI designers and be client-facing. This role has the potential to become the director of product management given sufficient and demonstrable competence. This role will have cash and equity compensation.
They are looking for confident, dynamic and diligent people to join the team. Applicants should have previous tactical and strategic experience in product management. You must be able to work in a fast-paced, startup environment, deliver under strict deadlines and be comfortable with software systems. You must have a friendly demeanor and be attentive to everyone’s needs. When everyone else sees despair, you see opportunity and you live for the details on how to realize that opportunity. You must perform well in a team setting but also work effectively on your own to achieve all company objectives. Must play nice with developers and understand they are people with needs, too!
- Establish a deep and intricate understanding of the client's platform
- Set the short and long-term product vision and strategy for the system with a focus on user experience and machine learning.
- Own and manage the product roadmap, setting prioritization for new features while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders and managing on-time delivery of new functionality.
- Introduce new features to market by creating product requirements documents including personas, user stories, wireframes and establishing backlogs; prepare return on investment analysis for epics; work with engineering to establish precise, clear instructions for the development of new features
- Liaise with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Work with customer success management & sales to gather input on new feature requests.
- Convert roadmap items into user stories for the dev team deliver and play the role of product owner in Agile events (standup, planning, retro, etc)
- Assist in testing all user stories in a UAT process before they are approved for release.
- Determine product pricing through market research data, reviewing production and costs.
- Provide short and long-term monthly product forecast, roadmap and competitive analysis reports for management
- Maintain relevant professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing professional networks and participating in professional societies.
- Analyze data on feature usage from all sources both internal and external to enhance roadmap.
- Provide superior technical support to current users (both suppliers and clients) and be the subject matter expert on sales calls and client review meetings.
- Understand suppliers’ needs and create feature enhancements to the system based on those needs always maintaining the priority of a superior user experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related discipline
- 6+ years of experience building high performance reliable services-based software
- 3+ years of relevant technical product management experience or an equivalent experience
- Experience with OOD and object-oriented languages
- Experience with product management and design software like JIRA, Trello, InVision, and Sketch
- Experience translating product vision into quantifiable chunks of work for engineering and data scientists to execute on
- Experience in building clickable prototypes
- Experience with agile product management methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Knowledge of marketing principles and practices
- Familiarity with Intercom.io and Chargify
- Comfort with Analytics software (i.e. Mixpanel)
- Experience with AI or machine learning.
- Awesome educational opportunities paid for in an atmosphere of continuous learning
- Beautiful, fun, office environment in Playa Vista
- Spend your days with the best and brightest making a difference in the world
- Health & Dental insurance
- Liberal vacation policy
- Fun team outings and flexible Friday work from home policy
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!