Strategic Partnerships and Marketing Communication Lead
Our client, Avisare provides sourcing software for modern government agencies and the contractors and vendors who support them. Avisare improves the process of finding, bidding and reporting on government contracts. We use the latest technologies to simplify a complicated and fragmented process.
The Strategic Partnerships & Communications Lead is responsible for strategy and all processes leading to the acquisition, retention, and engagement of vendors (small to mid-size businesses) who utilize the Avisare platform. At Avisare, we are creating a new category in the market which requires a novel approach to creative messaging and positioning. You are in charge of growing and owning the vendor network which will involve a variety of different initiatives such as presenting to chambers of commerce, exhibiting at conferences, partnering with business associations, and developing video & content marketing, etc. You will also be asked to analyze and interpret data collected on the Avisare platform to monitor usage and grow engagement. This is a perfect opportunity for a marketing professional who seeks the freedom and support to design and implement their own unique marketing strategy and see it through to execution.
We are looking for confident, dynamic and diligent people to join our team. Your objective is to create innovative campaigns that educate our audience of small businesses on what features and functionality will help them better compete to win contract opportunities. You will come up with creative ways to promote and instill community within the marketplace, analyze the results, report to the team and continuously improve. You will become an expert in marketing and articulating why the Avisare platform is an essential tool for small businesses while taking ownership of the results & impact of this messaging.
We are seeking people with a friendly, positive demeanor who takes pride in being attentive to everyone’s needs. We need a people person who will get to know our community of vendors and learn from them. We work in a team setting, but you can also work effectively on your own to achieve all company objectives.
- Study the Avisare software platform and know the features & functionality intimately. Analyze system usage from vendors and suggest improvements as needed. Provide vendor support to vendors attempting to register on the system.
- Develop and execute effective outreach marketing strategies including outreach to business associations and government agency development groups. Take a truly grassroots and innovative approach to find channels that reach our target vendors.
- Perform a client-facing role with potential marketing channel partners that can help grow the vendor network.
- Translate technical details into benefits for the SMB users and communicate those benefits in ways that excite our user base
- Follow and analyze market trends to appropriately position products and propose new innovative ways to continuously evolve our processes
- Develop product marketing strategies (pricing, product launch campaigns, video tutorials, webinars, media outlets, etc.)
- Craft compelling messaging across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns)
- Test marketing product features, releases and ad copy
- Talk to vendors directly – respond to chat inquiries and emails from our vendors
- Other duties as assigned by CEO
- 5 years experience in B2B Marketing, strategic partnerships and/or marketing to SMBs
- Experience in studying user behavior
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated & digital marketing campaigns)
- Excellent communication skills; a keen eye for detail; creative mindset
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, Business or similar field or equivalent work experience
- Background in design and copywriting is a plus
- Background working for a large agency is a plus
- Background working for a start-up or small business is a plus
- Sense of humor
- Awesome Education opportunities paid for in an atmosphere of continuous learning
- Beautiful, fun, office environment in Marina Del Rey
- Spend your days with the best and brightest making a difference in the world
- Stipend for health insurance
- Liberal vacation policy
- Fun team outings and flexible Friday work from home policy
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!